The 8 bedroom guest accommodation trading as “ The
Middleton “ can cater for the needs of many visitors. The
following statement is a summary of the facilities provided. If you have
any questions which you feel we have not covered in the statement please
contact us and we will be only to pleased to answer your questions.
- The physical structure and layout of the building
makes the premises unsuitable for people with
a serious mobility impairment.
- It is possible to accommodate guests
with a hearing or visual impairment if they are accompanied, so as
to ensure their safety.
- Information about the Middleton
can be accessed via its own website.
- Contact is available via
a phone call or e-mail. details can be found on the final page of this
- This access statement is available in all the
welcome folders. A version in larger font is available
- The nearest bus stop is approximately a one minute
- Trams run regularly along the promenade from
Star Gate to Fleetwood. The nearest tram stop is 2 minute
- The nearest major train station is Blackpool
North, which is a 5 minute taxi drive or a 20 minute walk.
International Airport is a 20 minute taxi drive away.
- Taxis can be
booked for you, please ask at reception.
- Blackpool Town Centre is approximately
a 20 minute walk away, a 5 minute taxi ride, or a
10 minute tram
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- If arriving by car,
you may park for free and without any restrictions on the road outside
the Middleton, or on most of the surrounding roads.
- Assistance with
luggage is available.
- A contact telephone number is displayed externally.
Main Entrance & Reception
- Access to the standard single width front door is via 3 stone –tiled
- A metal handrail runs along the steps on both sides.
- The entrance hall
is on the level and has short pile fitted carpet, there is one step
up to reception area.
- An escorted familiarization tour of the ground floor
public area is given to all guests.
- Telephone contact is available during
the hours of 8.00 am to 11.am.
- All prices are available at reception.
A large copy is available on request.
- Doors to the sun lounge, bar and
dining room all lead off the hall.
Public Areas—General ( Internal )
- The building has 3 floors, ie ground, 1st and 2nd. Except for
bedrooms, all public areas are on the ground floor.
- Corridors, stairs, bedrooms
and public areas are well lit and have fitted short pile carpet.
stairs from ground floor to 1st and 2nd floors, are of normal dimensions.
Public Areas— WC
- Situated on ground floor, includes toilet an hand basin.
Dining Room, Bar & Lounge
- All meals are served in the dining room on the ground floor.
room furniture can be moved on request.
- Chairs are all without arms.
- Special diets ie vegetarian, can be catered
for with prior notice.
- Background music to dining room and bar is provided.
- The bar doesn’t
have set hours, but is generally open after breakfast, and is closed
about 11 to 12 pm.
- The sun lounge is open 24/7, and has Freeview tv
- No laundry service available.
- There are 8 bedrooms in total.
- All bedrooms are fitted with short pile
- All bedrooms are en-suite.
- There are 4 bedrooms on the 1st floor. they
comprise of ;
- 1 Family Room ( 1 Double Bed , 1 Single Bed )
- 2 Double rooms . ( 1 Double Bed in each.)
- 1 Family Room ( 1 Double Bed , 2 Single Beds.)
- There are 4
Bedrooms on the 2nd floor, they comprise of ;
- 2 Double Rooms. ( 1 Double Bed in each )
- 1 twin room. ( 2 Single Beds. )
- 1 Family Room. ( Double Bed, 1 Single Bed. )
- All Double Beds
are accessible from both sides.
- All Bedding is non - feather
- Furniture in Bedrooms is movable, on request
to the proprietor.
- Each Bedroom has a Freeview box and colour t v, both
with remote control.
- All Beds are either divan or metal framed.
- Each room has tea and coffee
- All Bedrooms have a standard 30 minute fire door,
and smoke detectors.
- Each room has a hair dryer.
Shower-room & WC En-suite
- All bedrooms have en-suite facilities, containing a step in shower
with a small step, a toilet and washbasin.
- All en-suites have cushioned
Grounds and Garden
- There is a small, level terrace at the front of the property, which
large planted pots.
- The terrace flooring is stone tiled, with 2 benches providing
a seating area.
- Smoking is permitted outside on the terrace. A wall
mounted ash bin is provided for the safe disposal of cigarette butts.
- The Middleton is open all year with the exception of Christmas.
is not allowed in any part of the building.
- A new L2 fire alarm system
has been fitted, which rings very loudly on all levels.
- Front & back
doors can be used for evacuation.
- Emergency lighting is fitted to both
1st & 2nd floor landings.
- With the exception of guide dogs, no other
pets can be accommodated.
- There is water filled fire extinguishers on
- There is generally a good reception for mobile phones from
- Medications, special dietary foods & baby milk can be
stored in the kitchen fridge. Although not available 24 / 7, a cool box
ice blocks is available for night time use.
- All rooms are provided with
a Welcome Folder, among other useful information, this contains telephone
numbers for emergency Medical and Dental Services. It also contains the
main phone number of The Middleton for use in cases of emergency .
- The Middleton
is situated just one road back from the Promenade.
- Our address is: 55 Holmfield Road Blackpool Lancs FY RU
- Telephone : 01253 354559
- Website : www.middleton-hotel.co.uk
- Hours of operation : 24 hours
in the event of emergencies.
- Emergency numbers : Available in the
- Local Taxi : ( Blacktax ) 01253 596596.